Business Development Manager, Eastern Ontario (Ottawa)
MCAP at a Glance
Joining MCAP means you will be a part of our diverse workforce of highly talented individuals who are recognized for their expertise and success! At MCAP, your professional expertise, commitment to teamwork and passion for service excellence are recognized and rewarded with competitive total rewards offering, a career with continuous learning and development (formal & informal training), and exciting opportunities in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
This position is responsible for representing MCAP to the Mortgage Brokerage community in a specified territory. Primary responsibility is to retain and grow existing business with current MCAP registered brokers/agents and develop and acquire net new business with brokers/agents not currently registered with MCAP in a specified territory. The Business Development Manager will be accountable for annual achievement of specific targets set at the beginning of each fiscal year. The primary focus is on funded volume specific to net new origination and refinance with additional secondary targets based on other business unit priorities as set by the VP, Sales (i.e. high ratio vs. conventional split).
This role will work primarily out of a remote home office with travel required to brokers and the MCAP office. BDMs must possess a valid driver’s license at all times.
Relationship Management – Retain, Grow, & Acquire
- Deliver and manage the “Optimal Broker Experience”
- Create awareness of MCAP products with new Mortgage Brokers by:
- Presenting to small or large groups selling value proposition
- Position products and services
- Increase results with existing MCAP Mortgage Brokers
- Identify unforeseen needs and opportunities and construct a plan to address
- Utilize sales and marketing programs to add additional value to the broker relationship (i.e. Mpoints loyalty program)
- Negotiate with brokers to gain a commitment on volume
- Assist in registration and creation of new MCAP Broker/Brokerage profiles and creating a Mortgage Broker/Brokerage file for each account for MCAP management while updating all information in Salesforce.com
- Identify new/potential Brokers/Brokerages
- On a frequent basis, contact potential new brokers and set up appointments to present MCAP’s value proposition
- Inform and educate new brokers on products and programs
- Perform relationship building activities in a professional manner encouraging open communication with respect to market trends and competitive intelligence
- Hold brokers accountable to committed volumes, funding ratios, and any other metrics as determined by MCAP.
- The use of agendas for scheduled meetings, accompanied with broker score card and co-agent reporting.
- Create and implement innovative campaigns to drive business in a specified territory
- Communicate on a timely and regular basis utilizing Salesforce.com the following:
- Rate updates
- Incentive programs
- Program and policy updates
- Service levels
- Attend industry events both association and mortgage brand specific
- Man tradeshow booths
- Develop an annual strategic territory and account plan
- Manage monthly expenses prudently to assist in growth of the business
- Create a touch-point strategy to organize work week, appointments and presentations
- Identify the Broker’s business style and personal attributes in order to foster a strong working relationship with MCAP
- Follow up on leads in a timely manner in order to capitalize on the opportunity to increase our customer base
- Update and maintain all broker information within Saleforce.com
- Complete full Know Your Client (KYC) profiles for all Submission Agents within Salesforce.com
- Log all daily activity in Salesforce.com- maintaining minimum levels
- Log any promotions or specials in Saleforce.com
What You Bring To The Team
- Minimum 5 years sales experience – Financial Services preferred but not mandatory
- 2 years underwriting experience is an asset
Languages Used in the Role
- Results oriented
- Creative and innovative
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to build meaningful and trusting relationships
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Web-Ex, etc
- Strong customer service skills.
- Self-driven, motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Carries out duties with integrity and takes responsibility for actions.
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage broker network and emerging industry trends
- Accredited Mortgage Professional (AMP, preferred) or courses to satisfy provincial regulatory requirements
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent mortgage finance companies in Canada, then we want to hear from you!
Be A Part Of Something Great
MCAP has grown to become one of Canada’s largest independent mortgage finance companies a real Canadian success story! MCAP is an independent, Canadian based mortgage finance company with more than $15.4 billion of annual originations and over $73 billion in assets under administration. MCAP provides mortgage products and services to a broad range of institutional investors and lenders for residential and commercial properties across Canada. Founded in 1981, MCAP has over 700 employees and originates, funds, trades, securitizes and services mortgages in offices across Canada. MCAP is also a leader in Canadian construction and development lending with over 20 years in the business. Our teams of dedicated professionals serve a variety of developer, construction and investor clients across Canada.
Position #: req222
Employment Status: Permanent Part Time
Location: Toronto; Ontario
Number Of Openings: 1
Internal Job Title: Business Development Manager
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the position. It is not designated to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.