Sr. Systems Analyst - COTS
MCAP at a Glance
Joining MCAP means you will be a part of our diverse workforce of highly talented individuals who are recognized for their expertise and success! At MCAP, your professional expertise, commitment to teamwork and passion for service excellence are recognized and rewarded with competitive total rewards offering, a career with continuous learning and development (formal & informal training), and exciting opportunities in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
The Sr. Systems Analyst is responsible for lifecycle management of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) applications including installing, configuring, and upgrading enterprise applications supporting MCAP’s various lines of business. This position will also be responsible to develop vendor relationships and manage incidents and problem resolution. There will be some software development including designing and building of interface files, batch scheduling and processing and report development. In this role, there will be opportunities to expand your leadership skills by managing other team members. You will become the trusted advisor and subject-matter-expert on various business applications at MCAP.
- Work within the recommendations of our enterprise architecture to deliver on business requirements
- Assist internal teams with troubleshooting, technical support and other issues relating to the applications supported.
- Perform root cause analysis of recurring issues and either fix or provide recommendations toward solutions.
- Lead enhancements, support and maintenance activities to keep our applications current. Installation of patches and upgrades along with system testing.
- Support COTS testing upgrades/patches including managing test environments.
- Continually drive process improvements by identifying opportunities for automation or transforming processes into something simpler. You may have the opportunity to then drive those as small projects.
- Follow IT governance including documentation, approvals and reviews to manage application changes.
- Provide off hours support as part of an on-call rotation
Application Subject Matter Expertise
- Progressively become a Subject Matter Expert for the Applications being supported. The applications are primarily COTS vendor applications with internally developed interfaces that feed into our Data Warehouses.
- Understand the current functionality and keep abreast of future enhancements on the product roadmap and how they can meet business requirements
- Administration and configuration within the applications
- Maintain relationships with the application vendors to manage change requests, application upgrades and tickets
Relationships & Communication
- Use effective and professional communication and listening skills with internal customers, external customers, vendors, and team members
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key day-to-day users of the system such that you can reinforce proper use of the system and become a change agent during project rollouts.
- Manage the relationship with the Application vendors. This will involve vendor management to ensure open issues are being addressed promptly and escalated for further attention as required.
What You Bring to The Team
· 4 to 8 years of business software experience supporting COTS applications including installing and upgrading enterprise systems
· Strong analysis, design and development experience using a broad range of tools and techniques.
· Knowledge of some of these tools: MS SQL, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, SSIS, SSRS, SharePoint, Azure Dev Ops, iSeries toolkit (CL, COBOL, Query/400, DB2, WebSphere), Crystal Reports, SAP BI, SAP Data Integration/ Data Services
· Experience in the mortgage or financial industry is preferred
Be A Part Of Something Great
MCAP has grown to become one of Canada’s largest independent mortgage finance companies a real Canadian success story! MCAP is an independent, Canadian based mortgage finance company with more than $15.4 billion of annual originations and over $73 billion in assets under administration. MCAP provides mortgage products and services to a broad range of institutional investors and lenders for residential and commercial properties across Canada. Founded in 1981, MCAP has over 700 employees and originates, funds, trades, securitizes and services mortgages in offices across Canada. MCAP is also a leader in Canadian construction and development lending with over 20 years in the business. Our teams of dedicated professionals serve a variety of developer, construction and investor clients across Canada.
Position #: req214
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Location: Waterloo; Ontario
Number Of Openings: 1
Department: Information Technology
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the position. It is not designated to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.