Team Lead - Agile
MCAP at a Glance
Joining MCAP means you will be a part of our diverse workforce of highly talented individuals who are recognized for their expertise and success! At MCAP, your professional expertise, commitment to teamwork and passion for service excellence are recognized and rewarded with competitive total rewards offering, a career with continuous learning and development (formal & informal training), and exciting opportunities in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
MCAP is currently seeking a highly motivated disciplined Agilist to join our organization who can hit the ground running. You are someone who can act as a coach, a guide, a remover-of-roadblocks, a facilitator-of-discussions and are a true people leader. You are passionate about forming disciplined agile teams empowering them to become self-organized, focused, and high performing. This is an opportunity for you to cultivate an Agile mindset within a multidisciplinary team, with a special focus on helping the team thrive within a culture of innovation, respect, integrity and of course fun.
What Your Role Will Be
- Lead teams though inception, construction and transition phases
- Facilitate communication with Stakeholders including Steering Committee meetings and status reporting
- Run agile ceremonies including backlog grooming, planning, retrospective, coordination meeting
- Monitor progress on all team activities on a daily basis
- Support the team when change is introduced
- Understand ways to manage change
- Ensure stories are ready for the team and sized correctly
- Encourage full participation of team members within their defined roles and responsibilities
- Monitor and track team Velocity
- Ensure delivery of business value via Agile Scrum and/or Kanban frameworks
- Promote any opportunity for cross-training and learning amongst team members
- Participate in Vision creation with Product Owner and track release progress
What You Bring To The Team
Agile Experience: You are experienced (2 + yrs.) and thrive in a dynamic agile environment, either as an agile coach or as a product owner applying agile practices consistently. You are knowledgeable in the agile methodology but you are flexible and open to the real-world twists and turns. You make decisions and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the values and principles of Agile. Your focus is on creating and maintaining conditions that allow the team to be successful.
Leadership Experience: Your powers of observation help you understand your team and what they need from you to collaborate and be productive. You are a coach, providing encouragement, an influencer and are full of positive energy.
Customer Focus: You have passion for delivering products and services to customers and improving the delivery process while managing deadlines and are able to make decisions that are risk and value driven.
Innovation: You are innovative and can facilitate issue resolution and remove obstacles. You have a passion for continuous improvement.
Professionalism: You are committed to collaboration and teamwork and are not afraid to work through complex problems or conflict. You have an open mind, are creative, and courageous to ask the tough questions. You will keep teams focused on delivering work, fulfilling their goals and commitments, facilitating communication and empower teams to improve processes.
Technical Experience: Experienced in the IT landscape in a project management or operational role with a post-secondary degree or diploma, or agile certification, with knowledge of the Mortgage Lifecycle is a strong asset
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Work out of our brand new Waterloo office with open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration and multiple agile rooms
- Friendly, open minded collaborative culture of enthusiastic developers and technologists
- Challenging projects, tasks and intrinsic motivation
- Training and working experience with Agile
- Full benefit package available to you and your dependent: Competitive Salary and Annual Incentive Benefit, Retirement Savings and TFSA, Employee Assistance Program, Health Care Spending Account, Paid Volunteer Days, Educational Assistance Program and Study Days, Extended Health Care and Dental, Staff Referral, Staff Mortgage, Paid Days Off
Think this job sounds like you but worried you don’t have it all? If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking; and you are excited by the possibility of joining our company, take a chance and express your interest here.
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent mortgage finance companies in Canada, then we want to hear from you!
Be A Part Of Something Great
MCAP has grown to become one of Canada’s largest independent mortgage finance companies a real Canadian success story! MCAP is an independent, Canadian based mortgage finance company with more than $15.4 billion of annual originations and over $73 billion in assets under administration. MCAP provides mortgage products and services to a broad range of institutional investors and lenders for residential and commercial properties across Canada. Founded in 1981, MCAP has over 700 employees and originates, funds, trades, securitizes and services mortgages in offices across Canada. MCAP is also a leader in Canadian construction and development lending with over 20 years in the business. Our teams of dedicated professionals serve a variety of developer, construction and investor clients across Canada.
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Location: Waterloo; Ontario
Number Of Openings: 1
Department: Information Technology
Internal Job Title: Project Manager
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the position. It is not designated to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.