Bilingual Closing Coordinator
MCAP at a Glance
Joining MCAP means you will be a part of our diverse workforce of highly talented individuals who are recognized for their expertise and success! At MCAP, your professional expertise, commitment to teamwork and passion for service excellence are recognized and rewarded with competitive total rewards offering, a career with continuous learning and development (formal & informal training), and exciting opportunities in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
This position is responsible for the instructing of files to solicitors and Title Insurers. The Closing Coordinator will also receive and administer all phone calls and emails from law firms and Title Insurers from the instruction stage through to the funding stage. This position also involves prioritizing, investigating and processing various amendments ensuring all policies and guidelines are met. The Closing Coordinator will process all requests for funds from law firms/Title insurers accurately and on time. All of the job requirements must be met while providing superior customer service to the law firms, title insurers and internal staff.
Assist with closing related transactions
- Respond to any questions or requests law firms/title insurers or internal staff members may have to ensure timely and accurate completion of each mortgage transaction
- Escalate any documentation or questions to the Manager or Escalation Officer for review
- Provide solicitor with amendments as required to ensure accurate closing documentation
- Instruct solicitors with applicable package for each deal signed back to ensure mortgage transaction closes as scheduled
- Follow up with law firms/Title insurers 5 day prior to funding and 3 days prior to funding to confirm the mortgage will fund on time and for the receipt of the requisition for funds.
- Upon receipt of request for funds process system tasks related to each deal to ensure mortgage funds on time
- Set up EFT /wire or manual cheque to ensure mortgage funds on time
- Engage Underwriter 5 days prior to funding to obtain conditions for timely closings
- Ensure the correct rate is set up on the file 48 hours prior to funding. Any files with outstanding conditions refer to the manager immediately
- Ensure any amendments are within your authority referring any amendments outside of your authority to the Manager or Escalation Officer
- Complete the funding checklist upon receipt of the requisition for funds. If items are still outstanding ensure the checklist is complete prior to the EFT/wire or cheque going out
Respond to customer inquires
- Ensure Know Your Customer documentation is received 48 hours prior to funding whenever possible and always prior to funding the mortgage
- Maintain a 2 hour turnaround time on voicemail and email messages
- Assist with any questions regarding conditions or MCAP policy and guidelines to ensure timely / accurate closing as scheduled
- Review conditions received for compliance with MCAP guidelines
What You Bring To The Team
- Accredited Mortgage Professional (AMP) would be an asset
- Mortgage lending experience
Languages used in the Role
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Experience in a law firm, title insurer, processing mortgage transactions or with a lender currently in a Funder role is an requirement
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to foster relationships
- Strong customer service skills.
- Self-driven, motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Carries out duties with integrity and takes responsibility for actions.
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent mortgage finance companies in Canada, then we want to hear from you!
Be A Part Of Something Great
MCAP has grown to become one of Canada’s largest independent mortgage finance companies a real Canadian success story! MCAP is an independent, Canadian based mortgage finance company with more than $15.4 billion of annual originations and over $66 billion in assets under administration. MCAP provides mortgage products and services to a broad range of institutional investors and lenders for residential and commercial properties across Canada. Founded in 1981, MCAP has over 700 employees and originates, funds, trades, securitizes and services mortgages in offices across Canada. MCAP is also a leader in Canadian construction and development lending with over 20 years in the business. Our teams of dedicated professionals serve a variety of developer, construction and investor clients across Canada.
Position #: req168
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Location: Montreal; Quebec
Number Of Openings: 1
Internal Job Title: Closing Coordinator
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the position. It is not designated to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.