Senior Developer .Net SQL
MCAP at a Glance
Joining MCAP means you will be a part of our diverse workforce of highly talented individuals who are recognized for their expertise and success! At MCAP, your professional expertise, commitment to teamwork and passion for service excellence are recognized and rewarded with competitive total rewards offering, a career with continuous learning and development (formal & informal training), and exciting opportunities in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
The Developer works collaboratively with the other members of the Agile Team and is responsible for interpreting business requirements and translating them into a deployable solution that meets functional and non-functional needs.
The Developer will provide stewardship of the mortgage origination application; including: day-to-day operations and production support, recoverability, performance, after hours support etc. Regular interaction and relationships are fostered with business stakeholders, IT application and infrastructure teams.
The candidate will work under the supervision of the Director, IT Applications within MCAP’s IT Group.
Consult with stakeholders on applying technology to business opportunities, planning and implementation of cross-functional applications.
- Analyzes stakeholder needs, documents requirements, and designs proposed solution.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of applicable business units.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of the business’ current technology infrastructure.
- Consults with development and infrastructure teams on requirements, functional architecture and implementation.
Complete detailed analysis and technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls and outputs.
- Contributes to defining time tables and project plans; analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Develops program specifications.
- Converts specifications about business problems into programming instructions, designs and codes programs; creates test transactions and runs tests; revises as necessary.
- Consult with stakeholders on development of enhancements to the extranet/intranet environment.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and support of software programs to meet the needs of business process initiatives.
- Monitors strategies, business plans and internet-related technology plans to assure technical feasibility.
- Participates in the development of policies and best practices in regards to technology and coding standards.
Provide IT support functions and services for stakeholders.
- Regularly monitors the effectiveness and performance of IT supported applications to improve the business value of IT products and services.
- Stays informed about technology trends, directions and uses throughout the industry. Uses that knowledge to apply the most current and appropriate technologies to support the business, and also to anticipate and seize new opportunities.
- Identifies and investigates service-related problems. Implements corrections or escalates as appropriate.
- Participates in problem reviews, root cause analysis, problem resolution and trend analysis.
- Coordinates and liaises activities with other service areas and stakeholders.
- Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of plans to insure continuation of critical operations in the event of a disaster or interruption.
- Provide on-call and off-hour support to solve production problems.
What You Bring To The Team
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Information Systems or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of Application analysis, design and development experience using a broad range of systems and data analysis and design tools and techniques
- Demonstrated ability in application life-cycle
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and a solid understanding of structured programming, object oriented design and service oriented architecture
- Demonstrated experience in web service design and development, using SOAP/REST and XML/.NET technologies
- Experience building and maintaining continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
- Experience in the mortgage or financial industry is preferred
- Exceptional analysis and design skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring
- High degree of self-initiative ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound time management and prioritization skills
- Risk identification and mitigation
- Solid team player
- Logical and strategic thinker
- .Net - C#
- MS SQL
- XML and XSLT
- SSIS / SSRS
- Stored Procedure Design
- Table Design
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent mortgage finance companies in Canada, then we want to hear from you!
Be A Part Of Something Great
MCAP has grown to become one of Canada’s largest independent mortgage finance companies a real Canadian success story! MCAP is an independent, Canadian based mortgage finance company with more than $15.4 billion of annual originations and over $66 billion in assets under administration. MCAP provides mortgage products and services to a broad range of institutional investors and lenders for residential and commercial properties across Canada. Founded in 1981, MCAP has over 700 employees and originates, funds, trades, securitizes and services mortgages in offices across Canada. MCAP is also a leader in Canadian construction and development lending with over 20 years in the business. Our teams of dedicated professionals serve a variety of developer, construction and investor clients across Canada.
Position #: req163
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Location: Waterloo; Ontario
Number Of Openings: 1
Department: Information Technology
Internal Job Title: Sr. Systems Analyst