Sr. BI Developer
MCAP at a Glance
Joining MCAP means you will be a part of our diverse workforce of highly talented individuals who are recognized for their expertise and success! At MCAP, your professional expertise, commitment to teamwork and passion for service excellence are recognized and rewarded with competitive total rewards offering, a career with continuous learning and development (formal & informal training), and exciting opportunities in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
The position is responsible for developing logical and physical Relational data bases including the development of data models, data dictionaries, data integration, and report/dashboard development in an agile environment.
- Works closely with business and IT teams to clarify and refine functional data requirements
- Creates and maintains conceptual and logical data models to generate physical models and database
- Analyzes source system data to understand the data structures, definitions and anomalies.
- Maintains data dictionaries
- Collaborates with architects, team leads and technical leads to design solutions and provide estimates
- Identifies data discrepancies and data quality issues, and works to ensure data consistency and integrity
- Works closely with the Database Architect and Database Administrator resulting in solutions
- Develops and automates data integration from source systems to data warehouse
- Develops and transforms data into business presentation data marts
- Develops reports according to requirements
- Effectively communicates with the project teams
- Mentors and provides leadership to junior members of the team
- Follows and contributes to advancing standards and governance for BI at MCAP including enterprise data modeling, data integration and report development
- Provides on-call support to production systems
What You Bring To The Team
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience in data modeling, systems analysis and design.
- Demonstrated experience in creating medium to large-scale enterprise logical data models using normalization techniques.
- Experience using data modeling tools
- Experience with Relational Database Design, Multi-dimensional (Star-Schema)modelling and Data Vault Modeling Design
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2014/ 2016
- Experience with T SQL, Microsoft SSIS and SSRS
- Experience in Application Development, ETL Development, Report Development and/or other Data Warehouse Projects
- Ability to conduct research into data trends, issues, standards, and products as required
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and train staff
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops / VSTS
- Experience working with DB2, iSeries
- Experience with NoSQL database modeling
- Experience working with MS SSAS, BIML and PowerBI
- Experience with cloud-based BI, Data Virtualization and Master Data Management
- Experience with build and deployment automation
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent mortgage finance companies in Canada, then we want to hear from you!
Be A Part Of Something Great
MCAP has grown to become one of Canada’s largest independent mortgage finance companies a real Canadian success story! MCAP is an independent, Canadian based mortgage finance company with more than $15.4 billion of annual originations and over $66 billion in assets under administration. MCAP provides mortgage products and services to a broad range of institutional investors and lenders for residential and commercial properties across Canada. Founded in 1981, MCAP has over 700 employees and originates, funds, trades, securitizes and services mortgages in offices across Canada. MCAP is also a leader in Canadian construction and development lending with over 20 years in the business. Our teams of dedicated professionals serve a variety of developer, construction and investor clients across Canada.
Position #: req152
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Location: Waterloo; Ontario
Number Of Openings: 1
Department: Information Technology
Internal Job Title: Sr. Systems Analyst
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the position. It is not designated to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.